SPEAKING AND APPERANCE REQUESTS
Thank you for your interest in Sun Devil Athletics. SDA strongly believes in the need to give back to and support the efforts of local and other Arizona communities. For that reason, SDA seeks to accommodate requests for its coaches and other athletics staff members to make speaking and other appearances at events. Further, SDA seeks to balance its support of such events against the professional and personal needs of its staff members as well as SDA’s requirements under NCAA, Pac-12 and Arizona State University rules and regulations. Therefore, although SDA attempts to fulfill as many requests as possible, we cannot always fulfill all requests that we receive.
If you are a representative of an Arizona entity and are interested in requesting an appearance by an SDA coach or athletics staff member, please review the policy below and fully complete the application information that follows.
1. Appearance requests for coaches and other athletics staff members must be made through full completion of the online process set forth below. Telephone and email inquiries will not be considered.
2. Appearance requests must be made at least six weeks before the date of the event.
3. SDA will attempt to provide a response to donation requests within 10 business days of the request date. Due to the volume of requests, however, SDA cannot guarantee that every requester will receive a response.
4. Due to limited availability of personnel and distance-related challenges, priority will be given to entities based on proximity.
5. Coaches and athletics staff members will not attend events that cause them to miss games, practices, meetings, or any other institutional obligations. For this reason, it is unlikely that coaches and other sport specific athletics staff members will be able to accommodate requests during a sport’s playing season.
6. You may be asked to provide copies of all promotional materials (e.g., flyers, advertisements, website information) that will be used in connection with the event.
7. SDA cannot guarantee that it will be able to offer staff members who are specifically identified in requests for appearances at events. SDA will notify requesters if it intends to offer a different participant.
8. SDA reserves the right, for any reason, to deny appearance requests.