May 9, 2012
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - The fourth-ranked Arizona State women's golf team kicks off NCAA competition, Thursday, as the No. 2 seed in the NCAA East Regional in State College, Pa. The Sun Devils are paired with No. 1 seed Alabama and No. 3 seed Duke with tee times starting at 8:36 a.m. ET off the first hole.
Molinaro, who earned first-team All-Pac-12 honors last week, has recorded seven top-10 finishes and has not finished outside the top-15 this season. The senior also ranks third in the NCAA with a 72.12 scoring average. Sophomores Lee and Ordonez also earned conference accolades with the Pac-12 naming them honorable mention honorees.
The top eight teams and two individuals from each region will advance to the NCAA Championships held at the Vanderbilt Legends Club in Franklin, Tenn., May 22-25. Arizona State currently holds the nation's longest postseason streak with 20-straight NCAA appearances.
NCAA East Regional
Penn State Blue Course
2. Arizona St.
3. Duke (Atlantic Coast Conference)
4. Texas A&M
7. Oklahoma St.
8. South Carolina
9. Michigan St. (Big Ten Conference)
14. Wake Forest
16. San Diego St.
17. Kent St. (Mid-American Conference)
19. Augusta St.
20. Campbell (Big South Conference)
21. Chattanooga (Southern Conference)
22. Oral Roberts (The Summit League)
23. Jacksonville St. (Ohio Valley Conference)
24. LIU Brooklyn (Northeast Conference)
1. Fanny Cnops, UNC-Greensboro
2. Charlotte Lorentzen, Georgia St.
3. Kelly Shon, Princeton
4. Katie Mundy, FIU
5. Michelle Piyapattra, Columbia
6. Laura Wearn, Furman