Aug. 9, 2012
TEMPE, Ariz. – The Arizona State softball program will be conducting walk-on tryouts on Saturday, Sept. 15 at Farrington Stadium. Students interested in trying out must attend the initial meeting on Sept. 4, at 2 p.m., located in Farrington Stadium.
Tryouts and Initial Eligibility
If you have questions about eligibility contact Susanna Tamol at 480-965-5722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If you are a new student for fall 2012, Susanna cannot return your call or email per NCAA rules until the first day of classes on Aug. 23, 2012.
If you are interested in trying out for the Arizona State softball team, follow the instructions below.
Signatures are not available until on or after the first day of the fall 2012 semester – Aug. 23, 2012. Please note that necessary paperwork will be available at the Carson Student Athlete Center beginning Aug. 23.
1. You can pick up your purple Tryout Route Form from the Compliance Office lobby desk located on the second floor (Room 208) of the Carson Student Athlete Center building, located in the football stadium. This purple form MUST be completely filled out and signed by Susanna Tamol before you can try out. Susanna will verify all information submitted and give you a copy of the signed form. Once you are approved, your name will be added to an official list of eligible participants for the tryout.
2. Fill out the top portion on the front. Sign on line three. NOTE: You will need a parent’s signature if you will not be 18 years of age by the tryout date.
3. See a softball coach for signature on line one. You must obtain this signature FIRST. The softball coaching staff offices are on the third floor of the Carson Student Athlete Center and they have offices at the softball field as well.
4. See the athletic trainer (on Lower Level 1 of the Carson Student Athlete Center) for signature on line two. You MUST show your medical insurance card and written proof of having a physical by a medical doctor licensed in the state of Arizona.
5. Return to the Office of Compliance (Carson Student Athlete Center, room 208) for the FINAL signature. You must obtain this signature LAST. Bring your Tryout Route Form and proof that you passed your physical.
6. You are NOT eligible for any team activities without a completed purple Tryout Route Form.
7. Allow at least three business days (more than three if you have not yet had a physical) for completion of the entire form.